These terms of service apply to access and use of the SL Boutique website (https://boutique.shangri-la.com
) (“SL Boutique
”) on any digital media. SL Boutique is operated by Infinite Rainbow Limited (“Infinite Rainbow
”), a company incorporated in Hong Kong with limited liability. Infinite Rainbow is a retail / e-commerce division of the Shangri-La Group. SL Boutique is provided solely by Infinite Rainbow and no other member of the Shangri-La Group (except for an affiliated Retailer, where applicable) shall have any liability or responsibility for SL Boutique and your purchase of any of the Products.
Please read the following Terms of Service carefully before using SL Boutique or opening a SL Boutique account ("Account"). The Terms of Service create a legally binding agreement between you (the “user” or “Customer”) and Infinite Rainbow and its affiliates (individually and collectively, "Shangri-La", "we", "us" or "our").
- The "Services" we provide or make available include: (a) SL Boutique, (b) the services provided by Shangri-La, the Retailers and any designated service provider(s) made available through the SL Boutique, and (c) all information, data, text, images, photographs, linked pages, graphics, music, sounds, video (including live streams), messages, tags, content, programming, software, application services or other materials made available through SL Boutique or its related services ("Content").
- The Services include an online platform service that provides a place and opportunity for the sale and purchase of goods and services (“Products”) between a supplier (“Retailer”) and you (the “Customer”). A Retailer may or may not be an affiliate of Shangri-La. The actual contract for sale is directly between you and the Retailer and Shangri-La is not a party to that or any other contract between Retailer and Buyer. Shangri-La accepts no obligations in connection with any such contract.
- You agree not to use SL Boutique for any purpose or in any matter that is unlawful or infringes third party intellectual property rights.
- We only serve and deliver Products to consumers/end-users. Products sold on SL Boutique are not for re-sale purpose. If we have grounds to believe that you are not purchasing Products as an end-user, we reserve the right to decline or cancel your order.
- We reserve the right to change, modify, suspend or discontinue all or any part of the SL Boutique or the Services at any time or upon notice as required by local laws. We may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts of, or the entire, SL Boutique or Services in our sole discretion and without notice or liability.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you access to the SL Boutique or Services or to allow you to open an Account for any reason.
BY USING THE SERVICES OR OPENING AN ACCOUNT, YOU ACCEPT AND CONSENT TO THE TERMS OF SERVICE, INCLUDING THOSE ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND POLICIES REFERENCED HEREIN AND/OR LINKED HERETO.
Shangri-La Circle Award Points
- We reserve the right to only accept orders from you if you are of legal age and capacity to use SL Boutique in accordance with these Terms of Service and to create binding legal obligations in relation to the access and use of SL Boutique and the Products or Services.
- Orders placed online are processed daily from Monday to Sunday with an order confirmation sent within 24 hours.
- You may not exchange or redeem your order for cash or any other products or services.
- We cannot refund or replace your order once payment is confirmed.
- The products sold through Shangri-La Boutique may be provided by various retailers/suppliers, including but not limited to Infinite Rainbow, Island Shangri-La, Hong Kong (“ISL”), Kowloon Shangri-La, Hong Kong (“KSL”), Kerry Hotel Hong Kong (“KHHK”) or JEN Hong Kong by Shangri-La (“HJHK”), each a “Retailer”. Any orders made through Shangri-La Boutique are made between the Customer and either one or more of the Retailers. The order is subject to the local terms and conditions as may be imposed by the Retailers (where applicable) from time to time.
- Customer may pick-up the products directly from ISL, KSL, KHHK, or HJHK as long as one of the items in the order is sold by any of the abovementioned Retailer. Customer may also select the products to be delivered to a location within Hong Kong. At this stage, it is not possible for us to deliver products to locations outside Hong Kong.
- Any order for perishable items will be void and the payment will be forfeited if: (i) the Customer fails to pick-up the perishable product on the designated pick-up date and time from the relevant Retailer; and/or (ii) the delivery to the Customer’s designated delivery address is rejected or if the address provided by the Customer is incorrect.
- SL Boutique reserves the right to cancel or modify orders in its sole discretion for any reason but Customer will be entitled to a full or partial refund of any payment made in the event of any such cancellation or modification.
- If an order is placed on a weekend or national holiday, it will be processed the following Hong Kong business day, and delivery will be arranged within 3 days.
- Product images are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product. Colours of products may also appear different to those shown on the site.
- Retailers who offer food and beverage on SL Boutique carry licences for such product offerings, including Food Factory License F607864 for ISL located at Pacific Place, Supreme Court Road, Central Hong Kong SAR, Bakery License F629279 for KSL located at 64 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon Hong Kong SAR, and F67635 for KHHK located at 38 Hung Luen Road, Hung Hom Bay, Kowloon Hong Kong SAR. For further information, you may contact us at the customer service contact number / email below and we will put you in touch with the Retailer.
- Save in exceptional circumstances, you may not return or obtain a refund for a Product upon confirmation of your order. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- If you have made payment for an order while signed in as a member (“Member”) of the Shangri-La Circle (“SLC”) programme by Shangri-La, you will be eligible to earn SLC Award Points (“Points”) on Qualifying Charges on SL Boutique. Points will be issued at the rate of one Point per whole US dollar of qualifying spending. Spends in local currencies will be converted into US dollars for the purpose of Point calculation.
- Promotions that offer bonus Points may be offered at certain times. As a Jade or Diamond member, you will also earn 25% and 50% bonus Points respectively on all qualifying spending.
- All Points (including Bonus Points) will be credited to your account three weeks after completion of order (i.e. a successful delivery to customer’s desired destination or pick-up from any Shangri-La hotel).
- Points may be redeemed for certain Products on SL Boutique (“Redemption Products”) as may be designated as eligible for redemption by Retailers in their sole discretion.
- Members may redeem Redemption Products by using a combination of cash and Points.
- All Points required for Redemption Products must be earned by the same Member under the same SLC account except pursuant to any applicable SLC event rewards. Pooling of Points for or by different Members is not allowed.
- The number of Points required for each Redemption Product will be subject to a fixed redemption rate of 15 (fifteen) Points to 1 (one) US$ or local currency equivalent for the price of the Products. Redemptions for third-party products, including but not limited to delivery charges, are subject to different redemption rates. We reserve the right to amend these redemption rates at any time without prior notice and at our sole discretion.
- When a Member places an order by redeeming Points, the corresponding number of Points will be automatically deducted from the Member’s account at the time when such order is confirmed.
- Orders for Redemption Products must be placed online on SL Boutique. Members must log into their Shangri-La Circle accounts prior to placing an order that requires the redemption of Points.
- Orders for Redemption Products cannot be made in conjunction with any other offers or promotions unless specifically permitted by these Terms of Service.
- Redemption Products are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
- The use of Points for Redemption Products shall be final and the utilised Points are non-refundable.
- Members will only be able to earn Points on the Cash portion of their placed orders that were transacted via a mixture of cash and Points.
- Without prejudice to the foregoing and for the avoidance of doubt, the SLC programme and the earning and use of Points is further subject to the SLC general terms and conditions, which can be found here [URL: https://www.shangri-la.com/en/corporate/shangrilacircle/terms-conditions/]. To the extent that the terms set forth in these Terms of Service are inconsistent with the terms of the SLC general terms and conditions, the terms set forth in these Terms of Service herein shall apply.
Some of the Products available for sale on SL Boutique such as alcohol and liquor are age-restricted and you must not purchase those Products if you are below the age of 18.
Information on whether a product is age-restricted and the minimum age requirement is available on the relevant Product page. By placing an order for an age-restricted Product, you confirm that both you and the intended recipient of the Product are of the requisite age (i.e. at least 18 years of age if you are placing an order in Hong Kong). You must ensure that no other person shall use your Account login to purchase age-restricted products and a person aged 18 or above must be present to take delivery, otherwise delivery shall be withdrawn and attempted at another time to be agreed between you and us. We reserve the right to levy an additional delivery. You agree that if any applicable legal requirements for the purchase of a restricted Product is not met, Shangri-La and the Retailer reserve the right to cancel the relevant portion of your Order. For compliance with applicable law and regulations, Shangri-La, its service provider(s) and the Retailer may request for proof of identification to verify that you are above 18 years of age. We may cancel your order, refuse collection by you or refuse delivery of the restricted Product to you if you are unable or unwilling to provide proof of identification. Shangri-La, its service provider(s) and the Retailer also reserve the right to refuse to deliver the restricted Product to any person who is, or appears to be, under the influence of either alcohol or drugs.
Liability and responsibility for Products
Liability and responsibility for Products provided on or through SL Boutique is limited to damages arising from our gross negligence or wilful misconduct. With respect to Products on SL Boutique for which we are not the actual providers of such Products, we disclaim any and all liability relating to them. Should you have any issues with such Products, we will put you in touch with the Retailer and your sole recourse is with the Retailer who provided such Product and not with us.
Some local laws limit or do not allow the disclaimer of implied or other warranties so the above disclaimer may not apply to you to the extent such local law is applicable to you and these terms.
All rights, including copyright, know-how, moral rights and other intellectual property rights over all material and content including (but not limited to) text, names, logos, trademarks, service marks, brand names, images, web pages, sound, software, software code, interfaces, website structure and videos, displayed on SL Boutique are the property of the Shangri-La Group and where applicable, third parties such as a Retailer or service provider(s) we have engaged.
Your use of SL Boutique and the Services grants no rights to you in relation to our intellectual property rights, our other exclusive rights or those rights of third parties in either SL Boutique or its contents.
By using or accessing the Services you agree to comply with the copyright, trademark, service mark, and all other applicable laws that protect the Services, SL Boutique and its content.
Accuracy of contents
The information provided on SL Boutique is for reference only. All the information and materials contained on SL Boutique are provided “AS IS”. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all representations and warranties, express or implied, that content or information displayed on SL Boutique is accurate, complete, up-to-date and/or does not infringe the rights of any third party.
Limitation of liability
Except for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, we accept no liability and shall not be responsible for any indirect, consequential, special, economic or exemplary losses or damages howsoever they may arise, whether foreseeable or otherwise.
Governing law & dispute resolution
These Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong, without regard to its conflict of law rules. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, to the extent applicable, is expressly disclaimed.
Unless otherwise required by applicable laws, any dispute, controversy, claim or difference of any kind whatsoever shall arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service against or relating to Infinite Rainbow, a Retailer or any affiliate of Infinite Rainbow under these Terms of Service shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration in HKSAR in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (“HKIAC Rules”) for the time being in force, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in this Section. There will be one (1) arbitrator and the language of the arbitration shall be English. The governing law of this arbitration clause is Hong Kong law.
The materials on SL Boutique are directed solely at persons accessing SL Boutique from Hong Kong. We make no representation that any product or service referred to on SL Boutique is available, or appropriate for use for any other location.
Variation of / update to Terms of Service
We reserve the right to amend and update these Terms of Service from time to time in our sole discretion. Customers and visitors to SL Boutique are reminded to review the Terms of Service regularly to ensure that they are familiar with the most recent version. By accessing and using SL Boutique, you agree to be bound by the most recent version of the Terms of Service.
If any provision of these Terms of Service is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of law or arbitral tribunal, such invalidity and unenforceability shall not affect the remainder of the Terms of Service which shall continue in full force and effect.
Nothing in these Terms of Service affects your statutory rights, either as a consumer or otherwise.
In the case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese language versions of these Terms & Conditions, the English language version shall prevail.
Updated on: 30 May 2022